Office Re-opening Announcement
KEEPING OUR PATIENTS AND PROVIDERS SAFE DURING COVID-19
As of June 1, both of our locations will be open and operating at normal hours for both elective and emergent surgery.
Please know that your health and safety is our top priority at the Christiana Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, we want to assure you that we are taking significant precautionary measures and adhering to recommendations from the CDC and OSHA as well as continuing to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sterilization.
INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES
- We follow and exceed all OSHA guidelines in terms of sterilization and disinfecting each room between patients.
- We sterilize all reusable equipment before every use. To sterilize equipment, we use a device that kills bacteria and viruses with steam, heat, and pressure.
- Our offices continue to be inspected and certified by the State of Delaware at regular intervals to assure full compliance with infection control standards.
- Every member of our team is required to wear PPE, such as N95 masks as part of our efforts to limit exposure and keep our team and patients safe.
As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff.
Your patience is appreciated as we take the necessary steps to ensure everyone’s safety. Please see below.
VISITING THE OFFICE & CHECK-IN PROTOCOLS
- Our staff will contact you to collect insurance and registration information via phone or email, prior to your appointment. You are encouraged to register online.
- Each patient will have their temperature taken.
- You will be asked several basic screening questions.
- Each patient must sanitize their hands upon entry to our offices.
- When necessary*, only one (1) pre-screened and masked visitor is allowed to accompany a patient at a time in our offices.
*minors and people requiring assistance
- We are also requiring every patient/visitor to wear a mask while in our offices.
- All additional family members and guests are encouraged to remain in their vehicles until the patient is discharged.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
Note: If any of our team members experience any flu-like symptoms or any sickness in general, they will be required to stay home. Every member of our team is required to wear PPE, such as N95 masks. As part of our efforts to limit exposure and keep our team and patients safe, we ask that anyone who is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, specifically fever, cough, chills, or who has traveled outside the country or state within the last 14 days to please contact our office to postpone any upcoming appointments.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Newark Office: Christiana Hospital Location Phone Number 302-292-1600
Middletown Office: Middletown Location Phone Number 302-376-3700
– The Christiana Center for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery P.A.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html